Assistant Engineer/Scientist - Kick Start Rotational Program
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Program has an anticipated start date in June 2023.
Associates in the Kick Start Rotational Program (KSRP) will gain exposure to the Devens, MA Biologics and Cell Therapy facilities over the course of two years in three rotations. KSRP Associates will:
- Support Devens Biologics and Cell Therapy facilities.
- Gain exposure to the operations of GMP / Non GMP manufacturing systems ( including Process Automation Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Process Development, Technology Transfer, Laboratory, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Assurance, Operational Excellence) in the associated facilities.
- Provide Troubleshooting support and guidance of systems in support of manufacturing, process development, and/or Lab operations within a collaborative team.
- Collaborate in investigations of proprietary automation software/hardware, manufacturing operations, process development, along with vendors when necessary.
- Participate in Incident/Issue Investigations, CAPA & Safety related corrective actions and manufacturing support.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems and processes.
- Design and execute protocols to solve process-related manufacturing investigations and enable the technology transfer of new processes.
- Use laboratory and at scale equipment used in cell culture, and downstream process steps.
- Document data and results, data verification, interpretation of small scale and at scale data supporting the manufacturing processes and preparation of final reports to summarize the findings.
- Support 24/7 manufacturing operations that include shift coverage during 1 or more rotations. On call, day shifts, and/or weekend coverage required.
- 5am – 5pm, rotating days over the course of two weeks.
- Week 1: Su, M, Th, Fr
- Week 2: Tu, W, Sat
- 5am – 5pm, rotating days over the course of two weeks.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Desire to be in a rotational program across multiple functions over the course of 2 years. Candidate will rotate through 3 different departments, and each rotation will be 8 months in duration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Life Sciences / STEM degree or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- 0 - 2 years working experience with control systems or manufacturing systems along with theoretical and applied knowledge of Bio/Chemical processing operations, and computerized systems.
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply software solutions.
- Must demonstrate an ability to execute complex projects and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Must be able to successfully work independently as an individual contributor and collaborate within teams.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment and execute multiple complex technical projects.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of expectations working in a regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device is a plus.
- Critical skills include a high degree of initiative, strong scientific skills, and attention to detail.
- US Citizen or permanent US Resident
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.