Infrastructure Engineer, Application Delivery Controllers
- Opportunity to be a part of a Service Delivery / Management team in Singapore!
- Based in Singapore, the regional hub for Asia Pacific (AP) and top-ranked biopharmaceutical company on The Straits Times and Statista’s list of Best Employers in Singapore for two consecutive years (2020, 2021).
- Join the premier biopharmaceutical company that has been in Singapore for more than 25 years and in AP for over 60 years.
Our company is an innovative, global healthcare leader committed to improving health and well-being in 140 countries around the world. Our product categories include heart and respiratory health, diabetes, infectious diseases, consumer products and women's health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world - diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes and Cancer - while further expanding our strengths in areas such as vaccines and biologics. We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions for tomorrow.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
- Partnering with business in delivering innovative engineering services and solutions to enable organizational capabilities
- Passionate about collaborating across the various IT divisions and focused on building a best in class and secure Application Delivery Controllers environment.
- Designing & engineering expert and operational escalation point for key application delivery controller services such as network load balancing, availability, security, performance & acceleration, both for on premise and cloud-based ADC services.
- Senior technical expert providing ADC design, technical inputs and recommendations across the broader network service chain, actively engaged in data center migration and network infrastructure improvements and upgrades.
- Technical guidance over operational issues and escalations, standard change, patch, device replacement and upgrade management.
- Responsible for ADC automation, generation and migration of playbooks into executable runbooks, zero human touch device provisioning, network platform changes and process improvements through software defined networking.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- College or university degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent fields.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 4 to 6 years working experience in providing ADC and network solution design, support and implementation to large scale data networks and perimeter security domain.
- A strong networking foundation and knowledge on network ecosystem, routers, routing protocols, DNS, firewalls, switches. Familiarity with cloud (AWS, Azure) and hybrid networking technologies is a plus.
- Excellent understanding and technical skills around ADC core features traffic management, security policies, WAF, DDoS protection, SSL offloading, caching & compression, content switching, TCP multiplexing and telemetry.
- Deep familiarity with F5 product suite and F5 modules & functionalities (BIG IQ, LTM, GTM, ASM, VIPs, Pools, Certificates, Health probes), exposure to cloud-based ADC is a plus.
- Solid understanding of ADC security vulnerabilities, threats and controls, PCAP/Wireshark file analysis, capture and trace attacks in network traffic.
- Hands-on experience in network automation, design and usage of scripting technologies Ansible tower, Ansible core, Python, YAML.
- Demonstrated technical maturity in providing guidance and leadership to L1 and L2 network support.
- Effective collaborator across globally distributed network teams in achieving broad network initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively relay technical information to individuals of varying skill levels including senior technical management.
- Engage and collaborate with business partners to interpret business needs and requirements.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables requirements and deliver solutions in coordination with security architects.
- Ability to design, plan and implement multi-vendor ADC solutions
- Build up infrastructure in AWS, Azure with CloudFormation/Terraform
- Implement effective security solutions to secure application traffic flows
- Create and maintain network documentation necessary to ensure the efficient operations of multi-vendor ADC environments
- Strong collaboration, organization, and communication skills are required.
- Must be passionate about networking and automation, as well as excited to learn new things.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Flex Time, Telecommuting
Valid Driving License: