Windows Infrastructure Engineer
We are seeking an energetic, forward-thinking professional to join our Windows Engineering group. You will have the opportunity to work on a global team across our three IT hubs (New Jersey, USA / Prague / Singapore) to develop and support the Windows platform. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3 years relevant Systems Administration Experience in Microsoft Windows related Infrastructure
- Windows Operating System configuration. Group policy, testing and troubleshooting
- Experience deploying, patching and maintaining Windows operating systems in an enterprise environment
- Firm understanding of scripting languages such as PowerShell, be able to read and write scripts that enable automation of repetitive tasks and processes
- Support and enhance Ansible playbooks/workflows
- Strong ITIL and process discipline to ensure compliance within the managed services framework and the ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Tactical, as well as strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving. Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with ITIL, Remedy/ServiceNow, CMDB, and Change Control process
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, and collaborate with others
- Good technical documentation and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, in both oral and written communication
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Understanding and effectively communicating across multiple cultures is an advantage
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Perform as team member of Windows Engineering Product and collaborate with other members globally/regionally to roll out relevant strategy and initiatives
- Create and update Active Directory Group Policies as required
- Automation of Windows Server provisioning, decommissioning and other support tasks
- Enable automation of repetitive tasks and processes
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance and provides technical support as required including system diagnostics, monitoring and health check
- Designs and builds infrastructure services, systems within Windows platform Manage work demand within the team.
- Lead discussions with stakeholders over Server or Storage Infrastructure incidents and issue resolution processes
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Washington State and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Hybrid
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License: