IT Automation, Software Engineer
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The CPA (Complex Process Automation) function provides IT automation and Release Management Services to our IT community and business customers. The Software Engineer role serves as a key role for the design, implementation & evolution of all CPA products and services as part of the CPA (IT Automation) team.
This role is critical to driving the effort to define & deliver automated products or services that increase our Company’s operation integrity & productivity and reduce costs.
The Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining the IT Automation/Orchestration tools, technologies, roadmaps, and platforms used within our Company. The Engineer assists developers in the use of open protocols and platform APIs, along with automation vendor platforms, for supporting the design and development, and integration of IT solutions with the automation platform(s). He/She will work with IT Automation and other Platform architects to maintain and evolve the Automation Reference Architecture. The role works with internal technical specialists, architects, and external service providers to support the future direction of IT Automation. The incumbent will support the implementation of IT Automation solutions and provide subject-matter expertise to all IT Automation developers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working knowledge or subject matter expertise with IT automation orchestration product suites such as VMware VRealize Automation, HP Operations Orchestration, Ansible, ServiceNow Flow Designer
- Operational knowledge is a plus
- AWS Cloud experience in building workflows and integrations (advanced API knowledge)
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures, etc. across the stack
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Five years+ of experience in IT platform/service/product engineering, direct business engagement, and multiple technology domains
- Broad technical knowledge across IT platforms
- Ability to communicate and build relationships outside IT
- Strong knowledge of Agile delivery & practice, technical architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Required: Python or Powerhsell scripting knowledge
- Required: Understanding REST APIs, working with REST Calls
- Required: Self-sufficient and driven mentality, good documentation practices
- Required: GIT general knowledge
- Good to have: Azure DevOps / Jenkins Pipelines
- Good to have: General SQL DB knowledge
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
WHO WE ARE
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us — and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: