Electrical Engineer (General) - Level II-V - Department of Energy (DOE) - CNS/Pantex
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrativesupport personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
- Responsible for designing and developing advanced components, subsystems, and systems for national defense programs.
- Experienced in using customers state-of-the-art technologies, including sophisticated software tools for design, analysis, modeling, and simulation.
- Responsibilities for electrical or computer engineers range from conceptual design, detailed hardware design (a combination of analog, digital, embedded firmware, schematic capture, board layout), detailed software design (instrument drivers, system integration, database design/interface, report generation, related software quality assurance documentation), analysis, overseeing fabrication of hardware, defining and executing qualification/testing plans, field support, project management support document generation and maintenance.
- Designs and develops software applications used to automate complex instrumentation systems, perform calculations on and manipulate very large data sets, interface with databases, create user friendly operator interfaces, and consolidate results into legible reports.
Ideal candidate would also have some of the skills listed below:
- Circuit design and analysis
- Embedded system design and coding
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Network Analyzers
- Programming - C, C#, C , Labview
- National Instruments
- PCB Design
- Test Automation
- Commercial Equipment Integration
- Electronic Loads
- B.S. Computer Engineering from ABET accredited university with 2-12 years of experience.
- Active DOE Q clearance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: DOE Q
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00544