Research Software Engineer ( R-00047684 )
Are you looking for change and to grow with a company?
Our Arlington, VA-based Advanced Analytics branch of the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening for you then. Be our next Research Software Engineer where you will get to use your experience helping grow our LInC Advanced Analytics portfolio of contract and internal R&D projects, operational analytics prototypes, and operational machine learning systems in Arlington, VA. Broad focus will extend across the research, development, integration, and operationalization of machine learning services.
Fun roles you will be providing on this job:
• Provide software engineering support to analytics portfolio projects ranging from internal and contract R&D to advanced system development across the Leidos enterprise. Deliver cutting edge machine learning solutions for these respective programs.
• Conduct research spikes for analytical prototype development; create and execute plan to operationalize prototype with robust metrics-based assessment.
• Collaborate across R&D and mission focused operational stakeholders on research project framing and solution development.
• As required, provide software systems engineering support to task decomposition for our internal and contract R&D and prototype projects in partnership with Principal Investigators.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
• Masters Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline with 3 years software engineering experience with Python
• Linux and Windows computing environment experience
• Experience with cloud based architectures and container orchestration
• Experience developing, assessing, and operationalizing machine learning analytics services
• Experience with big data applications, to include SQL and Elasticsearch
• Collaboration experience with information analytics research teams
• Current Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
You will wow us if you have these skills:
• Experience and domain knowledge related to data fusion processing
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience extending prototypes to production
• Solution and proposal development experience