Quantum Research Engineer ( R-00056728 )
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) Advanced Analytics team has an opening for a Researcher Scientist/Engineer with a background in software development and quantum technologies / quantum information to work in Arlington, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping grow the Leidos quantum technologies portfolio of contract and internal R&D projects, benchmarking, and operational prototypes.
Fun stuff you will do on this job:
• Applying quantum technologies to help execute research and development programs in information sciences, information operations, data sciences, sensor systems, and space systems among others
• Working within matrix organization to provide software engineering support of operationalizing state-of-the-art algorithms into different internal and contract R&D projects.
• Provide support in task decomposition for our internal and contract R&D projects and help the project Principal Investigators manage task execution. Customers are DOD including DARPA, IARPA, and service R&D labs.
• Conduct research spikes for analytical prototype development and benchmarking custom metrics; then, create and execute plan to operationalize prototype into contract and internal R&D projects.
This is you:
• Advanced degree in physics, computer science or a related discipline. A PhD is highly desirable with 6 years software engineering experience building and benchmarking software prototypes, to include metrics development
• Strong technical writing skills with experience in writing advanced technical proposals
• Provide business development support to help grow Arlington Branch’s project portfolio
• DoD Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience researching quantum sensing and/or quantum information technology
• Experience with cloud-based architectures and container orchestration
• Experience operationalizing machine learning and/or autonomy, and analytical capabilities
• Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with microservice architectures
• DoD Top Secret Clearance
External Referral Eligible