Machine Learning Research Engineer ( R-00058480 )
The Ann Arbor Michigan location of the Leidos Innovation Center is looking for a machine learning engineer to join our small, highly effective team and start performing on programs immediately. This is an opportunity to use your experience and expertise to conduct applied research, development and transition solutions to our customers’ difficult problems across the machine learning/image processing domain. Your work can help change image and signal data into actionable information.
These are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- Support the research, design and development of sensor exploitation systems including object detection and classification.
- Address our customers’ challenging mission requirement by developing new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems.
- Interact with technical and management personal within Leidos and our customers to execute research and development projects, document and report project results and support business capture efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years’ experience in computer vision, deep learning and/or signal processing.
- Strong Python and PyTorch capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers and large groups.
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Experience integrating machine learning solutions into software useable by others.
- Familiarity with exploiting remote sensing, particularly Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), data.
- Experience developing software in Linux environments