Senior Robotics Control Research Engineer - Surgical Robotics (R445507)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who We Want
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you Will Do:
Are you passionate about the new surgical robotic platform and working with a dynamic and diverse research team to make a difference? We are seeking a senior robotics research engineer to join the advanced technology research and concept development team in the robotics division at Stryker.
In this role, you will work with a group of talented and dedicated research engineers to develop next-generation surgical robot platforms and seek out cutting-edge research opportunities. You will contribute broadly to the concept development team and will support a strategic long-term product roadmap by designing and controlling the new concept of actuators and new robotic arms. Successful candidates must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new research directions, and have broad research skill sets including communication, problem-solving, observation, and self-motivation.
- Work closely with the advanced concept development team to develop a proof-of-concept prototype system of the future enabling surgical robotic system
- Develop control algorithms to support advanced robotic system including kinematic and dynamic modeling of the robotic arm
- Generate and evaluate enabling technologies
- Design, develop, and conduct experiments, including sawbone and cadaver testing
What you Need
- BS in Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program in electrical, computer science, or mechanical engineering with an emphasis in robotics and/or controls. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years robotics and/or controls engineering experience in R&D projects or equivalent academic and research experience during MS or PhD
- Experience in robotic modeling including kinematics and dynamics
- Proven ability to integrate electronic sensors, motors, and motion control components to perform mechatronic tasks
- Experience designing robotic mechanisms and electromechanical actuators (including motor design/selection/sizing, position and torque-sensing, gear train design, and performance analysis)
- 2+ years experience in MATLAB and Simulink programming and control simulation.
- Current knowledge of state-of-the-art academic and industrial robotic arms, actuators, and end-effectors
- A passion to change the future of surgery
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.