2022 IT Emerging Talent Rotation Program
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
IT Emerging Talent Rotational (ETR) Program: In 2 Years, Explore 3 Roles
The IT Emerging Talent Rotation (ETR) Program cultivates the technical, business, and professional experience of entry-level technologists. Working in teams, alongside highly skilled professionals, ETR employees apply their passion for technology to help our company develop and provide innovative products and services aligned to our most critical business outcomes.
Over the course of 2 years, and an IT ETR you will explore 3 very different roles and areas of IT. We’re looking for people who have a passion for applying technology to invent novel life-saving drugs, broaden access to medicines and vaccines, and enable next-generation healthcare solutions. We're hiring recent grads who have experience with any of the following tech capabilities:
- App Development/Software Engineering
- Cyber security
- Data and Analytics
- Enterprise Architecture
- ERP (i.e., SAP)
- Product Ownership (e.g., Agile, DevOps, etc)
- and more...
So, if you’ve recently graduated or will graduate by May of next year, you excel in team environments, you love to learn and want to share your knowledge, and you’re interested in a full-time, entry-level position, here’s the nitty gritty:
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be recently graduated or will graduate by May of next year with a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, Computer Science or similar. You are not pursuing your PhD or an MBA.
- Candidates must have a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Candidates must have a passion for using technology for healthcare advancement
- Candidates must have completed least 1 internship or co-op in a technology related field
- Candidates must agree to complete 3 different technology-related roles in 2 years
- Candidates must want to put your genius to work to help save and improve lives
- Candidates must work hard and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Candidates must have aspire to be the best at what you do
- Candidates must have thrive in and engender a diverse and inclusive culture
- Candidates must have communicate well both in-person and via written media
- Candidates must have the past 2 years, you held a leadership position(s) in community organization(s) or extracurricular(s) (lead, president, captain)
- Candidates will embrace moving when any of your assignments require you to do so (including but not limited to MA, NJ, PA, TX)
- Candidates can manage multiple priorities and handle yourself professionally— even under pressure
- Candidates are a self-starter and will work with limited supervision (i.e. you have a strong work ethic)
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
VISA Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: 10%
Flexible Work Arrangements: Work Week
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License: Yes
Number of Openings: