Sr. Manager Data Science - San Juan, PR (106626974)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets. Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Uses a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. Works with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and others to perform analysis and interpret data.
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of own team
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets typically measured in gigabytes or larger
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Work with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and others to perform analysis and interpret data
- Function as Client facing and Customer Consultant for Analytics activities
***ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Data Analytics or related Quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience working in an Analytics department (Data Science, Statistical Modeling, Big Data etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in a Client facing role
- 2+ years of experience in managerial or supervisory role
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications: Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Excel (create, sort, and edit data in spreadsheets), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), which includes the ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- English proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, Hadoop
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.