Data Science Manager ( 598735-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Aligned with CX Strategy, the Manager of Customer Experience Storyboards develops and implements analytic views that generate holistic understanding of customers. You will drive projects with AI&D, SOI and Reporting team to manage all CX requests for baseline reporting, new models, Decisioning propositions and reporting. You will create and own single source of experience, operational and financial performance for all CX Experiences.
The Data Science Manager is a well-rounded individual who has deep knowledge of data marts, predictive/prescriptive analytics, excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, financial/analytical and social skills. The role requires a consistent track record in leading a consumer customer experience program guided by data and implementing broad based technology solutions. Creates and enjoys being part of an environment that promotes customer centricity, teamwork and accountability.
You will be part of vibrant and growing team that generates insights and customer experience solutions for the entire Consumer CX Organization.
There will be a balance strategic thinking, goal setting, dashboard development, data systems and tools transformation, project management, results accountability, cross-functional collaboration, creative ideas and “rolling up the sleeves” to resolve tactical issues. You are able to challenge the status quo by demonstrating a willingness to re-invent the current process and policies, and adopt change as a challenge.
- Design, build and run centralized CX infrastructure that provides understanding of customer experience journeys and as those journeys manifests into various channels.
- Create KPI's to measure customer experiences and channel performance across 3 CX priorities of: 1) Make it Work 2) Make it Easy and 3) Make it Memorable.
- Create and maintain executive level and user-friendly CX storyboards that are visually effective and factually accurate.
- Enhance and supplement the experience storyboards by combining analytics, reports, data and feedback from existing assets generated by other channels, CMI and finance.
- Manage CX demand funnel and its prioritization into AI&D, SOI and CX/Channel reporting team.
- Quantify opportunities identified by VOC/VOE team to help guide CX action plan prioritization and value sizing.
- Develop and present executive readouts of baseline performance of CX Journey experiences, performance trends and anomalies.
- Continually review and evolve the collection of processes used to track, oversee and organize every interaction with the customer throughout the lifecycle.
- Enable CX org to lead from a customer-centric position, by generating a comprehensive view of the full customer journey, as well as the ability to obtain deep, granular insight on what is driving customer experience.
Where you'll be working:
In this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person trainings and meetings.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with SQL to extract and manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with developing visualizations using Tableau, Thoughtspot or other data visualization tools.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Background in marketing, business transformation, data science, customer experience either in a business, agency or consulting organization.
- Knowledge of predictive and prescriptive models and analytics.
- Experience with developing and automating data analytics and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated success of meeting/exceeding business objectives
- Adept in creating executive presentations and storytelling.
- Experience partnering with multi-disciplinary teams and directing the work of others in a matrixed environment.
- Experience presenting insights and recommendations in a concise and consumable narrative.
- Knowledge of various Verizon DataMart's and data elements.
- Experience working with Data Sciences team to develop models and predictive with successful business implementation and proven ROI.
- Build strong relation with business partners and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on time.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $128,000 and $237,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.