Data Science Team Leader (10984)
- Manage a team in US and India with relationships globally
- Collaborates with a variety of domain experts to identify research projects that are both technically feasible and relevant to the public discourse and Deloitte's clients
- Engages with and manages multiple internal stakeholders including research teams, client facing practitioners, executives, data science networks
- Ideates and co-creates with R&I Center Directors to build capabilities and data/analytical platforms
- Defines technical development plans for staff and manages the team's day-to-day workflow
- Establishes and oversees a process for code and methodology reviews involving a broad range of techniques (e.g. data preparation, statistical analysis, survey design and analysis, text analytics, network analysis, etc.)
- Manages a technical team that collaborates with a variety of industry research centers and helps prioritize research requests covering multiple industry areas
- Balances the demands of multiple long-term projects simultaneously
- Presents on research findings to senior leadership both within and outside of Deloitte
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Solid understanding of both core statistics and machine learning methods. Willingness to keep abreast of leading-edge tools and methods.
- Ability to explore and cultivate innovative data sources to enable innovative analytical approaches.
- History of successful leadership and demonstrated ability to independently create technical work plans and novel concepts
- Capability to lead empathetically and willingness to make time to ideate and discuss career development with team members.
- Ability to clearly communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Travel up to 25% to attend offsite meetings, conferences, and/or training sessions.(While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Desired qualifications and requirements:
- A strategic understanding of how data science might inform specific client problems and the potential internal and external audiences for the projects. Experience managing data-driven research, from project ideation to deployment
- Familiarity with a range of data sources as well as core data analysis and visualization languages and tools (R, Python, SQL, Tableau, d3, etc).
- Prior publication of work (please provide links if possible)
Masters or PhD in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Computational Social Science, or other highly quantitative field is strongly preferred. Candidates with less educational attainment but with demonstrated quantitative creativity are preferred over candidates that lack creativity but have credentials.
All interested individuals meeting minimum qualifications are invited to apply. While there is geographic flexibility, the position will ideally be located on the east coast to facilitate regular communication with team members located in India.