Content Specialist, Science (2107739)
Content Specialist, Science - ( 2107739 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
● Develop and review content-specific test items, including multiple choice, technology enhanced, extended response, cluster sets, performance-based tasks, and simulations across multiple grade levels for large-scale assessments
● Help develop item, passage, and test specifications, item development plans, test blueprints, and other ancillary documents
● Help select, assign, manage, and train item/passage writers and educators to develop items based on standards, cognitive complexity, and item development best practices
● Facilitate and support customer meetings and provide content assessment expertise
● Facilitate activities related to test construction and review of composed test forms
● Consult with the customer as required, including participation in planning, status, review meetings, etc.
● Work closely with test development managers, other content developers, psychometricians, and other Pearson groups
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Some travel required
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based candidates expressing interest in this position is $65K-$70K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● Bachelor's degree in education, content-specific area, or equivalent degree required
● At least five years’ experience as an elementary or secondary teacher in the field of content-specific area required
● Professional knowledge of content-specific area required
● Outstanding oral and written communication skills required
● Some experience in large-scale educational measurement preferred
● General knowledge of all phases of the development, processing, scoring, and reporting of large-scale assessments preferred
● Ability to identify problems and provide solutions to a variety of audiences required
● Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities and adapt to unexpected events required
● Broad knowledge of common software programs, strong technology skills, and the confidence necessary to work with unfamiliar programs required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Professional Development
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jun 2, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2107739