Strategic Data Science Analyst ( 565454-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is building a future using a combination of technologies such as 5G Mobility, 5G Home, Fios, and Multi-Access Edge Computing to create experiences on top of the networks that drive the world forward. Leveraging data science and advanced analytics allows us to go beyond and improve the delivery of these products and forge exceptional customer experiences. We have a unique ability to use this platform to develop next generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation with applications such as IoT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions, augmented intelligence and more. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.
The newly formed Strategy Consulting team with Verizon’s Corporate Strategy organization holds a key role in helping shape this new path. We challenge ourselves to solve top-of mind strategic questions, collaborating with leadership and experts across the organization. We can do so by leveraging the multi-faceted background of our team consisting of former management consultants, investment professionals, data scientists and technology subject matter experts. We are responsible for challenging the status quo, looking beyond the horizon, and making the future real, role-modeling the new Verizon 2.0 way of working that builds on customer centricity, collaboration and innovation to drive positive change.
Want to have meaningful impact? This is where it happens!
- Develop new capabilities and enhance critical business processes with advanced analytics and visualization capabilities to drive new growth opportunities and value creation.
- Collaborate with data engineers and developers across our global technology services teams to build analytics solutions focused on value drivers and stakeholder experience.
- Assess technology commercialization initiatives and accelerate execution, working alongside technology leaders to ensure effective evaluation, design, implementation and change management.
- Leverage critical thinking & sharp problem solving skills to guide the design & development of data science tools and advanced analytics solutions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders & business leaders on cross-functional growth initiatives; designing blueprints for new products, ways of working and other disciplines.
- Evaluate digital use cases and new product ideas providing strategic and technology-focused leadership to proof-of-concept and/or pilot engagements with technology and business partners.
- Craft and deliver actionable recommendations to senior leadership through data-driven analysis and visualization for executive decision making.
- Contribute to a high-performing team of problem solvers from various disciplines who are committed to driving profitable growth & innovation across the company.
What we’re looking for...
You are outcomes-driven, smart, hard-working, and a great team player. You thrive on new challenges, and are excited by the prospect of mastering new things. You can be creative and visionary, but are able to roll up your sleeves to structure a project plan, develop an analytics tool, or craft a presentation. You are comfortable leading and following. You are confident enough to voice well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and their views with respect.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Analytics.
- Working knowledge of Python (including packages such as Pandas and Numpy) and other data science-oriented programming languages.
- Two or more years of experience in a strategy or quantitative/technical role (e.g., data science, applied analytics, mathematics, engineering, etc.) for a tier 1 management consulting firm or a leading technology firm.
- Technical expertise across a wide range of technologies including DevOps, Cloud, and Machine Learning.
- Strong understanding of advanced statistical methods (e.g., sampling; regression methods; classification algorithms; distributions, etc.) and experience in data analytics platforms and visualization software tools.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g Tableau)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Comfortable working across all levels of an organization, leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex programs and drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships.
- Experience handling confidential information appropriately.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.