MTS IV Cslt-Data Science ( 567592-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our Business Analytics Center of Excellence (BACOE) within Verizon Corporate Finance is working to develop a scalable yet agile analytics organization that drives innovation, enables self-service and delivers value for our shareholders and business partners through common data layers and analytics platforms and tools that create next generation capabilities. One of our objectives is to support the BACOE's Digital Transformation Advanced Analytics initiatives by empowering the business through the use of advanced analytics, enhance decision making and allow for insight driven collaboration.
Our team is looking for a talented individual to drive innovative digital solutions to support the Consumer and Business teams. You will be working on multiple data enablement projects to drive change among these teams by delivering critical data sources. You will help to envision, communicate, and facilitate deployment and execution of datasets produced by the BACOE, while collaborating with multiple Business and Finance teams across Verizon.
This role is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, optimization and support of datasets and database objects in a BACOE wireline Teradata platform.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Work with application developers, FP&A, COE, DBAs, system administrators, data modeling teams for ETL build and design.
- Run testing and performance of end-to-end ETL integration processes.
- Determine optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse source systems.
- Understanding of data quality methodologies and data governance to ensure standardization of data.
- Work closely with the CDO and GTS team responsible for maintaining the data architecture, design, including data dictionary and metadata.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners to drive demand, volumes, revenue and profitability by supporting data needs and transform the role of data and analytics in decision making.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and get recognized as a data enablement and analysis subject matter expert among other teams.
- Collaborate across teams to determine appropriate data sources, develop data extraction and business rule solutions and create user friendly normalized tables to be used with visualization and reporting tools.
- Analyze results, communicate findings and make recommendations to business partners and Executives.
- Perform Ad-Hoc deep dive analytics to understand results and opportunities.
- Evaluate existing processes and develop digital solutions to reduce manual work, drive self-service.
- Share and incorporate best practices from across Verizon using new and upcoming tools in data management & analytics space like Teradata, Hadoop, Alteryx/Knime, and Tableau/Qlik.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with and In-depth knowledge of data sources and business rules within Verizon wire-line data warehouse and reporting tools.
- Data Warehousing experience with processing large data volumes.
- Experience with Teradata utilities like Teradata Stored Procedures, BTEQ, FASTLOAD, MLOAD, TPUMP and FASTEXPORT.
- Experience in database development including stored procedures, functions, DTS and SISS packages, triggers, error handling, SQL Server Analysis Services, MDX, Cube Development and management.
- Experience in administration of SQL servers.
- Experience writing complex SQL and dissecting SQL queries using multiple join conditions, case statements, arithmetic, aggregate functions and query tuning/optimization techniques
- Experience in implementing data Warehouse applications re: ETL. Ability to design, build, deploy and support end to end ETL processes.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience in Data Analysis, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, analytics/business intelligence, engineering, mathematics, statistics or other related discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Degree in Finance, Computer Science and Engineering, statistics, Data Science.
- Strong expertise in understanding data modeling involving logical and physical data model.
- Hands on usage of Teradata
- Hands on usage of SAS/SPSS, Alteryx/Knime or comparable tool; ability to use/program in Python, R or other related tools.
- Communication and presentation Skills within the team.
- Ability to work independently or with a group to meet strict delivery dates and milestones.
- Capability to communicate complex information in simplified manner.
- Experience preparing professional presentations and presenting to senior leaders.
- Experience with Verizon Consumer and Mass Business Products and Services.
- Project management skills and experience working with cross functional teams to deliver results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.