Data Science Product Owner ( 575737-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Machine Learning (ML) Product Owner on the System of Insights (SOI) team, you will work within the SOI Decisioning Platform to develop and manage adaptive/predictive models that predict, prescribe, and optimize the experiences being served to customers.
- Work with business partners to define ML model outputs and test parameters, develop and deploy the ML models to be utilized, and evaluate the performance of those models and the experiences they are testing.
- Work with the business to develop reporting that summarizes experience performance and identify opportunities for further optimization.
- Working with domain experts, SOI data scientists, and business partners, you will identify new customer data sets that can improve adaptive model performance.
- Adapt these data sets into features, and work with the Pega team to ingest new feature sets into the customer analytic record and utilize them in adaptive model development.
- Fully immerse yourself in the business problems you are solving and act independently to move projects to completion with minimal day to day oversight.
- Be responsible for the entire end to end process of model development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of business-changing adaptive models and algorithms.
What we’re looking for...
You are a master at analyzing big data. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re a creative problem solver who loves to explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are phenomenal at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths. You are technical and understand the methodology of building models.
You’ll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience working with IT team and driving the architecture and delivery of decision asset.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Experience with building models, optimization, analytics and large data sets and project management.
- Good understanding of database concepts (Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL, etc.).
- Solid understanding of data warehouse and data lake technology (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Understanding of PEGA as a tool and Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM).
- Good understanding of third party analytic tools.
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (Java, .Net, Python, PySpark, etc.).
- Experience with data aggregating tools such as SPLUNK is a plus.
- Experience with Customer Experience personalization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.