Medical Science Liaison, Central ( R-09222)
Title:Medical Science Liaison, Central
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
Ipsen’s Neuroscience Field Medical team enhances the understanding of scientific and clinical impact of marketed and pipeline neuroscience/neurotoxin products. The Neuroscience Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a doctorate-educated professional with scientific, clinical, and neuroscience therapeutic area expertise responsible for executing field-based medical and scientific initiatives. The primary responsibility of the MSL is to facilitate mutual exchange with Investigators, Thought Leaders (TLs), and Healthcare Providers (HCPs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate clinical trial efforts. The MSL is expected to build and sustain subject matter expertise in neuroscience disease state management (including but not limited to spasticity and cervical dystonia), Ipsen marketed and pipeline therapies, and the competitive landscape. This is a field-based position covering the Central territory (NE, KS, MO, AR, LA, MS, TN, and KY) through a mix of live (primary) and virtual channels. Eligible candidates must reside near a major airport within the territory (e.g. Nashville, St. Louis, New Orleans).
The MSL will work closely with other Ipsen personnel to ensure scientific and technical needs of US Medical Affairs, Clinical Development and commercial colleagues are identified and met. The MSL will also work with cross functional teams on business planning, special projects, and strategic development to support US Medical Affairs goals and objectives.
All MSL activities will adhere to internal standard processes and complying with regulatory and compliance requirements.
Responsibilities of MSL include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate deep scientific expertise on Ipsen’s neuroscience molecules/products, and therapeutic area to exchange relevant information and insights with TLs within a region.
- Build, cultivate and maintain a focused group of regional thought leaders to ensure understanding of evolving healthcare trends across the relevant therapeutic area landscape.
- Respond to on and off-label questions with integrity, compliance, and adherence to legal, regulatory, and Ipsen guidelines, policies & procedures.
- Represent Ipsen and US Medical Affairs Team during scientific conferences, continuing medical educational events, and medical meetings.
- Gather data and generates scientific insights from stakeholder interactions and provides feedback to the organization using appropriate mechanisms and tools.
- Recognize and capture scientific insights that deepen our understanding of the needs of thought leaders, healthcare providers, and patients to share with internal stakeholders.
- Respond to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
- Assist with Company Sponsored Studies (CSS) from Phase I-IV, including investigator/site identification, site initiation visits, education to support enrollment, and feedback regarding operational management to ensure optimal site selection and performance.
- Respond to unsolicited request for medical information associated with Ipsen products and disease state area.
- Build and cultivate working relationships across internal stakeholders (Medical Affairs colleagues, Clinical Operations, HEOR, R&D, Medical Information and Commercial Operations) while maintaining full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work efficiently and balance all work to enhance performance and execute on local medical strategies within planned timelines.
- Participate on committees or project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership.
- Engage in continuous independent learning within the therapeutic area and actively attend and participate in upskilling programs related to Ipsen molecules, products, disease states and relevant business topics.
- Doctoral level in the sciences preferred (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD, DPT, Nursing or equivalent)
- 2+ years of MSL or related experience, neuroscience background preferred
- 3+ years related work experience (clinical, managed care, or industry experience)
Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the job)
- Knowledge of neuroscience customer segments and market dynamics
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Fundamental understanding of clinical research
- Excellent project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to travel (50-70%) based on size of geography
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus at the time of employment.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.