Technical Writer II
Work Where it Matters
Tundra Federal, an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Tundra Federal, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Tundra Federal provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Tundra Federal delivers agile information technology solutions to implement and evolve IT infrastructures to achieve and advance functionality, efficiency, security, and compliance.
As a Tundra Federal employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
In support of the Department of Transportation, Tundra Federal seeks a Technical Writer II to edit a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses. In this capacity, the Technical Writer revises material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications. This role receives assignment and technical information from a supervisor or senior writer, may be provided notes or manuals containing operating procedures and details, and may observe production, developmental or experimental activities to expand or verify the provided operating procedures and details.
- Using the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), the Technical Writer II will review, analyze and assign all executive level correspondence addressed to the Administrator, Deputy Administrator and Executive Director and/or from the OST Executive Secretariat (S-10) for PHMSA action.
- Coordinates with PHMSA EDMS contacts and related subject matter experts/colleagues to manage documents, including daily distribution of EDMS tracker to relevant stakeholders.
- Assistance with tasks related to EDMS updates, license assignments/needs/maintenance.
- If needed, can prepare basic correspondence not requiring subject matter expertise, such as a sympathy letter.
- Work closely with the front office team, attends brief daily meeting to provide updates.
- Ensures the PHMSA Executive Secretariat SharePoint page and other resource materials are current and distributed to EDMS contacts.
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism, English, Business, Marketing, or a similar field).
- Two years of experience in the field or a related area.
- Ability to recognize and use correct English grammar to effectively communicate information both orally and in writing.
- Ability to pay special attention to details such as formatting inconsistencies, mis-matched numbers, grammatical errors, spacing errors etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and ultimately translate complicated and technical subject matter into clear and persuasive prose.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to quickly grasp new information and apply it in their work.
- Ability to work with, organize, and integrate data, charts, pictures, and written documents in any displayed format (e.g., .pdf, .doc, .xls, .jpg, and .ppt.).
- High-level of experience with Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Adobe Acrobat; Ability to multi-task and efficiently organize files to maintain version control.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to coordinate with others and maintain effective working relationships which promote cooperation and teamwork.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a client specific Public Trust clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Office & Administrative Support
Organization: Tundra Federal
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: Hybrid
Req ID: TUN00314