Technical Writer & Editor
Technical Writer & Editor
Organization 03641, Program Communications, is currently seeking a Technical Writer and Editor to support the Weapons and Force Protection (06500) department. The successful candidate will be part of a technical writing team that supports subject matter experts and their physical security projects and documents.
On any given day, one may be called upon to:
- Write, edit, or rewrite technical articles, publications, manuals, presentations, and other material to communicate clearly and eﬀectively technical procedures, research ﬁndings, technical developments, and other news and information to a wide range of internal or external audiences
- Work with writers and researchers in a fast-paced team environment to improve the general quality and eﬀectiveness of communications
- Multi-task and prioritize customer needs and target dates using project and time management skills
- Interpret and administer documentation and communication policies and procedures, and exercise quality control over documents intended for external distribution
- Occasional travel may be required to meet key results
Communications and Marketing
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Security Clearance Required:
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or a relevant ﬁeld
- Experience in technical editing (e.g. proof reading, copy editing)
- Experience developing and writing technical user/operator manuals
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q-level security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired):
- Master's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or a relevant ﬁeld
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and writing project level documentation, system engineering documents, and project planning documents
- Previous experience in Nuclear Security Engineering
- Proven experience working with classiﬁed information
- Experience with SharePoint, Conﬂuence, and Visio