On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Development technical specifications, design requirements and installation of physical protection systems to include intrusion detection, access control, video assessment, and access delay systems
- Configuration, operation, and maintenance of physical protection systems/equipment that is used for physical security training and technical exchange standard processes activities
- Lead tours and instruct security training and technical exchange activities
- Complete maintenance and sustainability activities for NSTC facilities
- Support Research & Development and Testing & Evaluation activities and projects
- Collect, maintain, and compile technical data
- Support engineers on technical projects and products working from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts, or defined plans
- Collaborate with diverse customers
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work onsite.
Research and Development
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Security Clearance Required:
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a physical security technologist, electrical control's specialist, and/or telecommunications/networks specialist
- Hands-on experience installing and/or maintaining either electronic control systems, security systems, or electrical control systems
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q-Level security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired):
- Experience in some of the following:
- Network communications and signal processing
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a physical security technologist, electrical control's specialist, and/or telecommunications/networks specialist
- Licensed electrician
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and programming of network and data communications systems, security systems, and/or electronic control systems
- Experience developing one-line drawings and schematics of electrical systems using CAD tools
- Knowledge of high-performance security systems integration (intrusion detection, video assessment, and alarm communication component)
- Strong teaming skills
- Ability to travel international
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience operating forklift and or boom lift