Research Data Analyst ( R-00082206 )
Leidos tackles the most challenging national defense problems using advanced signal processing algorithms and data analytics. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists and engineers devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every data set, and we seek a candidate with an interest in algorithm research, development, and implementation, who also possesses a strong scientific curiosity and desire to learn new things. Leidos is an employee-friendly company with a strong benefits package, flexible working hours, and a collegial atmosphere. Come join our growing team!
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, system Engineers, and more) to develop cutting edge solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and refine innovative signal processing and algorithms for National Defense
- Conduct data analysis and explore various techniques/algorithms for noise reduction, detection, and characterization.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique radar data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for Masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- BS degree with 8+ years of prior relevant radar signal processing experience, Masters with 6+ years of prior radar signal processing experience or Doctoral degree in a scientific field such as applied math, physics, or engineering.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in scientific algorithm development and EO/IR (Electro-Optical/Infra-Red) systems.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Fluency in MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and achieving technical results
- Strong documentation skills
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Familiarity with complex radar phenomenology, detection, and characterization.
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Comfortable with public speaking and/or customer presentations