Research Scientist 2
Research Scientist 2
The NJ Department of Children and Families (DCF), Office of Applied Research and Evaluation (OARE) has an opportunity for a Research Scientist 2 that under general supervision of a Research Scientist 1 or other supervisory official, conducts research projects or participates in functional programs; assumes appropriate administrative and scientific duties as delegated; heads complex projects and makes recommendations to the supervisor; does related work.
This position may be eligible to work remotely for up to two days in a calendar week.
This position will provide technical and administrative support for OARE’s research and evaluation-related projects. Anticipated tasks of this position include:
* Design, coordinate and implement complex monitoring and evaluation projects across the Department using qualitative and quantitative methods.
* Collaborate with stakeholder groups to implement research, monitoring and evaluation projects, interpret data and develop recommendations.
* Review, summarize, and communicate findings from relevant scientific and national literature related to research, monitoring and evaluation projects.
* Design monitoring and evaluation protocols and analysis plans.
* Submit proposals and recommendations for monitoring and evaluation projects in compliance with appropriate research methodology and statistical techniques.
* Develop and test data collection tools.
* Collaborate with various partners to develop and maintain data collection systems and databases.
* Analyze qualitative and quantitative data using software packages such as Excel and SPSS.
* Create and maintain standardized reports, interactive dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau for program partners and stakeholders.
* Verify the results of analyses, reports and visualizations made by technical staff.
* Maintain analytical files including analytical outputs and tables with monitoring and evaluation findings.
* Communicate findings to stakeholders at multiple levels and with various backgrounds through presentations and written products including publications for scientific journals.
* Participate in continuous quality improvement processes related to DCF programs. Facilitate data-driven conversations aimed at improving program performance and outcomes.
* Provide training and technical assistance to internal staff regarding understanding and interpreting data as needed.
EDUCATION: Master's from an accredited college or university in a discipline appropriate to the position.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in a field appropriate to the position.
NOTE: A Doctorate in a discipline appropriate to the position may be substituted for two (2) years of experience indicated above.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
SALARY: $79,848.66 - $113,786.94
VETERANS PREFERENCE: Are you a veteran? If so, proof of your NJ Veterans Preference is required at application. Please provide a copy of your New Jersey Civil Service Commission NOTIFICATION OF VETERANS STATUS along with your cover letter and resume. For information on how to apply for Veterans Preference in the State of NJ, please visit the Civil Service Commission's website at http://www.state.nj.us/csc/seekers/veterans.
RESIDENCY LAW: Please refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
TO APPLY: You must submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name. Please indicate in your cover letter where you found this job opportunity and send the file to:
The Department of Children and Families is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.