User Experience Research Analyst ( R-00062613 )
- Are you passionate about creating a positive user experience for consumers of IT and healthcare services?
- Are you an authority in designing and delivering usable services and applications?
- Are you a whiz at user research and usability studies?
- Are you interested in working on a corporate IT team whose focus is on supporting employees across a global enterprise?
- Would you like to work for a company whose mission it is to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science?
If you are passionate about developing impactful user experiences, we have the role for you.
TEAM AND MISSION
We are the CIO Services Customer and User Engagement team at Leidos. We provide Leidos employees with the information and support they need to make their IT experience efficient and effective. We are an internal-facing team that provides user experience support, communications, engagement, training, and documentation support for all facets of IT. We are a creative and hardworking team. We help our fellow employees, whether it be through preparing them for a new system via communications and training, providing support on an existing system, or improving interfaces and processes so that they can focus on their business objectives. We are seeking a new team member to help us improve our employees' experiences with IT services. This position will support both the enterprise IT and Health Growth Solutions teams. You will be helping their product and design team with user research that will inform requirements, UI designs, and generally help the team better understand and meet the needs of their users.
You are a user experience analyst with a background in IT that enjoys making applications, services, and processes simple. You are familiar with usability and user experience principles and can apply them to technical topics. You have experience conducting user research and usability studies. Areas such as cybersecurity, enterprise applications, infrastructure, and mobility, are familiar to you. As an individual contributor, you will work with a geographically dispersed team of IT project managers, service lifecycle managers, executives, UX designers and engineers to support the design of forms, applications, services, and systems.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Evaluate new and existing interfaces, forms and applications that support business processes, make recommendations and implement solutions to improve the user experience.
- Conduct usability studies, user research and testing on existing and new applications.
- Analyze user feedback and activity to iterate and enhance the user experience of IT products.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and stakeholders with CIO Services and in other corporate functions to create user-friendly applications.
- Create targeted and effective written communication for high volume and high visibility survey initiatives and recruiting efforts.
- Ensure that all sourcing and messaging is done in compliance with CIO Services, and with close coordination and buy-in from stakeholders.
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants for research studies to test new features and products, ensuring participant quality.
- Design and develop wireframes using industry-standard tools.
- Enhance the reputation of CIO Services within Leidos by improving the quality of services and the way that employees interact and use IT.
- Focus on improving and growing the user experience function within CIO Services, including but not limited to developing templates, a methodology, personas, and processes.
- Implement and embed user experience into all IT projects and throughout the core of the CIO Services organization.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior experience as a UX Designer, Usability Analyst, User Researcher, or similar role
- Strong background of customer service and working with multi-functional teams
- Knowledge of Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability testing, Content Strategy, Wireframes, Writing, Communications, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure
- Critical thinker and a self-starter
- Able to jump in and identify problems and corresponding solutions without explicit directions, and you can find creative ways to solve problems
- You are a team player who can win over the hearts and minds of stakeholders
- You maintain a positive attitude and are a standout colleague
- A keen eye for details is required.
- Working knowledge of accessibility, WCAG, Section 508
- Industry recognized UX certifications