Scientist (Water Research and Development) (100890)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
American Water has a great career opportuntity for an experienced R & D Scientist to work onsite at our Central Laboratory. Our research group values safety, team work, trust, strong communication and high performance.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Scientist assists in solving complex problems in a scientific, technology or engineering domain [e.g., engineering, chemistry, microbiology, waste water treatment, software, machine learning etc.) related to Amwater's business areas. They assist in the creation and maintenance of a research and innovation agenda and roadmap to support AmWater Business needs. The scientist primarily supports research projects and contributes to the development of new products and applications in a chosen domain area. The Scientist adheres to research standards and the governance framework set by leadership. The Scientist helps create prototypes of an inventive solution, service or product. They contribute to research articles and papers relevant to their domainKey Accountabilities
- Executes research and innovation projects within one’s own domain; tracks project budgets and costs
- Participates in project progress meetings
- Assists in preparing technical information and major findings of research and innovation projects into clear, comprehensive written weekly or monthly reports, research reports,
- Contributes to articles in peer-reviewed journals and presentations in national and local conferences.
- Contributes to the development of new products and solutions by researching, developing prototypes or features of a product Keeps abreast of latest trends and happenings in one’s chosen domain
- Participates in discussions regarding the research and innovation roadmap for a specific domain
- Partner with the operations as needed
- Masters or PhD in engineering, environmental science, chemistry, microbiology, computer science, mathematics, or related area preferred
- Bachelors and/or 5 years’ experience, Masters and/or 2 years’ experience
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.