Senior Clinical Scientist / Hematology (R1556011-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of assigned protocols and protocol requirements; educate supporting team members
- Plan and lead the implementation all study startup/conduct/close-out activities as applicable
- Evaluate innovative trial designs (collaboration with Medical Monitor/Clinical Development Lead)
- Protocol and ICF development process with minimal guidance; including writing, reviewing, adjudication/resolution of cross functional comments and ensuring high clinical quality (collaboration with Medical Writing)
- Site-facing activities such as training and serving as primary contact for clinical questions
- Activities related to data generation and validation, including CRF design, clinical data review/query resolution; ensure consistent, quality data review by supporting CS team
- Clinical data trend identification; provide trends and escalate questions to Medical Monitor
- Develop clinical narrative plan; review clinical narratives
- Provision of information required by Protocol Manager for development of trial budget, CRO scope of work, etc.
- Review development of site and CRA training materials and presentation at SIV and Investigator meetings and support on Study committee (e.g., DMC) activities
- Drafting/review and validation of clinical study reports (CSRs) and clinical portions of Regulatory Documents (e.g., IB, DSUR, regulatory responses)
Collaborate and serve as primary liaison between external partners for scientific advice
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.