PK scientist (R1557399-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Division : Research and Early Development / Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics / Clinical Pharmacology Analysis & Reporting
Functional Area Description: Clinical Pharmacology Analysis and Reporting (CPAR) is responsible for ensuring that study-level PK analysis and reporting is standardized across protocols and programs
- Supports the execution of CPAR activities and works closely with departmental mentors on assigned projects.
- Supports trial level activities and development of compounds across relevant therapeutic areas.
- Applies Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics principles and model-based analyses to support drug development.
- Responsible for reviewing the PK section of a clinical protocol, creating the PK database, and reviewing PK concentration data for potential errors with supervision
- Coordinates cleaning, tracking, and transfer of PK metadata
- Responsible for conducting the expected non-compartmental analysis (NCA) using the analysis program
- May be Responsible for reviewing components of the statistical analysis plan and authoring some components of the clinical study report
- Act as a liaison with the Clinical Pharmacology Leads for study needs and PK analysis status
- Collaborate with external partners for non-compartmental analyses
- Responsible for quality control of external output
Master’s in pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical, biological sciences, or a related field
- 0-2 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with PK analysis using Phoenix WinNonlin or relevant software is a plus
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization is desirable
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills are required
- It is expected that the individual be highly self-motivated, pays attention to details and likes to contribute toward problem solving
Local and international travel for conferences and regulatory meetings may be required depending on project needs up to 5-10% of the time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.