Associate Scientist- Cell Core Day 0 Product Lead
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Cell Core team is responsible for global delivery of pipeline drug product controls and intermediates to enable lead candidate selection, process and analytical technical development, process and analytical technology transfers, and sustained execution of analytics for the characterization and release of drug product in both the clinical and development environments.
The Day 0 Product Lead role will manage the production of Day 0 products and intermediates that cater to a diverse array of documentation needs and result in cost-effective cellular material provision. The Lead will manage relationships with all Day 0 clients, facilitate new projects, manage process transfers into Cell Core, build robust data management and documentation infrastructure, and allocate resources according to priority of established program commitments.
- Manage and formalize the transfer and adoption of novel cell selection processes and technologies from partner teams into Cell Core.
- Provide a centralized source of Day 0 training for incoming process operators and Global Manufacturing Sciences and Technology engineers.
- Lead formalized collaborations with Process Development teams to design cell selection studies and support execution where necessary.
- Manage the production of representative Day 0 products and intermediates through a request-based system.
- Champion the build-out of a Day 0 product bank that enables the timely provision of well-characterized cellular materials to requestors.
- Manage Day 0 users communication channels to facilitate communication between Cell Core clients and enable efficient scheduling, prioritization, and execution of Day 0 requests.
- Manage the automation of data collection, documentation, and administration activities.
- Manage up to 3 direct reports.
- Lead internal strategy initiatives to improve workflows, infrastructure, and organizational relationship management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.