Assistant Scientist, Clinical QC- Cell Therapy
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The Assistant Scientist, Clinical QC Sample Management position is responsible for the movement and control of Quality Control (QC) samples and materials in support of the QC laboratories at the CAR T manufacturing facility in Warren, NJ. This primarily includes, but is not limited to, sample collection and distribution, inventory control, chain of custody, sample tracking, documentation, and shipments within the cGMP operation for CTDO Developmental QC for CAR T.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with cold chain sample storage and transfer.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written). Proficient with computer software programs/ applications and capable of preparing technical reports as required.
- Ability to follow and apply global regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Ability to follow, create, revise, and review SOPs.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the chain of custody of QC samples are maintained throughout the complete life span of samples: receipt, handling, storage, distribution, transfer, and destruction of QC samples at the site.
- Maintaining sample tracking and chain of custody records in accordance with GMP requirements and written procedures.
- Ensuring that obsolete or expired samples and materials are destroyed and disposed of according to written procedures.
- Performing sample queries and periodic storage reports, as required.
- Responsible for sampling clinical QC incoming materials in collaboration with warehouse personnel and CAR T QC incoming material team.
- Initiating and performing investigations, Deviations/CAPAs/Change Controls related to sample management.
- Prepares and presents continuous improvement projects to management.
- Performs document review related to sample management.
- Create and revise SOP, FORM, WP, and TRN related to sample management.
- Provide range of support of QC services such as ordering and receipt of lab supplies.
- Establish and maintain inventory of QC incoming material, QC material retain, QC samples and QC regulatory retains.
- Coordinate and lead trainings for sample management.
- Develop understanding and assembly of weekly process schedule assignment for drug product samples and incoming QC materials.
- Assist in analytical sample trouble shooting and investigations as needed.
- Demonstrate general understanding of root cause analysis and CAPA methodologies.
- Maintaining metrics for the sample management group.
- Facilitating cold chain transfers of samples, as required.
- Assist with preparation and execution of equipment installations related to sample management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in chemistry, microbiology, or related science.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a GMP regulated environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Sample management experience is a PLUS.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.