Scientist, Investigation Team
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, preferably in Biochemistry, life sciences or related engineering discipline (advanced degree preferred).
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a health authority regulated environment.
Previous experience working in a biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility is preferred (CAR- T a plus).
An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
Working experience of deviation investigations utilizing root cause analysis tools.
• Working experience in the CAPA process and ability to identify and verify effectiveness.
• Technical writing skills and ability to collaborate effectively in cross functional teams.
• Proven ability to accurately and completely understand, follow, interpret, apply Global Regulatory and cGMP requirements. • Ability to support health authority inspections.
• Knowledge of data trending and tracking, including use of statistical analysis software a plus.
• Demonstrate advanced problem-solving ability / mentality, technical adeptness and logical thinking. • Ability to set priorities, manage timelines and effectively react/manage changing priorities.
• Ability to work with management (global and site) and support corporate and departmental goals.
• Ability to communicate honestly, transparently and effectively with peers, department management and cross functional peers.
• Ability to utilize electronic Quality systems such as eQRMs (Enterprise Quality and Regulatory Management system).
• Hands on experience preferred with CAR-T or biopharmaceutical manufacturing and Quality Control.
• Ability to train new team members on the investigation process
Duties and responsibilities:
Conduct thorough investigations (OOS, OOT, Environmental Monitoring, deviations, etc.) utilizing root cause analysis tools.
• Lead investigations and cross functional investigation teams, and close reports in a timely manner • Perform GEMBA walks with stakeholders to better understand process steps, and evaluate Root Cause Analysis.
• Work with functional teams to propose effective CAPAs, develop CAPA plans and assure CAPA effectiveness.
• Assess potential impact and risk to product or process associated changes may have upon change implementation and develop an appropriate mitigation strategy.
• May Initiate change control documentation
• Identify functional area SMEs to perform impact assessments as part of the change management process.
• Ensure all investigations are completed in a timely manner. Notify stakeholders of any delays in a timely manner.
• Provide technical support for manufacturing investigations / CAPAs / change controls as needed.
• Support deviation investigation defense during audits and site inspections for QC compliance related inquiries.
• Handle complex issues and solve problems with minimal guidance.
• Provide training to new investigations team members
• Serve as author or technical reviewer of departmental procedures as appropriate.
• Support manufacturing and Quality Control testing of CAR- T products as needed.
• Employ lean manufacturing / six sigma principles to continuously improve products, processes and systems.
• Continuously support S12, living the “patients first” mission and fostering a “Right First Time” mindset.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.