QC Assistant Scientist
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb is searching for a remarkable Quality Control Assistant Scientist to join our amazing team in Syracuse, NY. The Syracuse Biologics Manufacturing operation produces clinical, commercial and launch biologics drug substance at its 5000L scale manufacturing facility (mammalian cell process) in Syracuse, New York.
As our QC Assistant Scientist, you will conduct routine general chemical and/or biological testing of materials and products for in-process, release, and stability purposes in compliance with all applicable procedures and regulations. A variety of duties are performed by the Assistant Scientist relating to the efficient and effective functioning of the Quality Control lab.
6PM - 6AM Green – Rotating shift work – Monday - Sunday
Week 1 – Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday
Week 2 – Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- The duties of the QC Assistant Scientist will include conducting routine and non-routine testing of materials and products using a variety of equipment and test methods upon demonstrating the ability to perform and understand required methods.
- Each analyst is responsible for capturing data accurately and timely followed by promptly entering test results within the appropriate data collection system (e.g., LIMS, etc.).
- It is the responsibility of each member of the Quality control organization that they maintain detailed records in compliance with applicable cGMP, safety, and environments.
- The authoring, reviewing and modification of documents such as SOPs, protocols, investigations, and other lab documents may be required.
- The Assistant Scientist must routinely maintain equipment and instrumentation along with performing calibrations as required to ensure instrumentation is within a compliant state.
- As part of working in a laboratory setting, individuals will need to maintain inventory to ensure testing is not disrupted as well as perform routine housekeeping to ensure the lab area is continuously maintained in a safe, orderly, and compliant state.
- Minimum BS degree in scientific area with no experience (0-3 years) and be able to demonstrate theoretical understanding of scientific area of study.
- Ability to work overnight.
- HPLC, Water Testing (pH, conductivity, TOC), and experience with Empower highly desired.
- An understanding of basic scientific concepts and an interest/enthusiasm for further learning.
- Basic understanding of daily lab functions, maintenance, safety, cGMP, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to carry out assigned laboratory work and other basic functional duties
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to perform routine data quality control checks
- Have proficiency to evaluate and interpret data
- Capability to deliver results in line with project and team objectives
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.