Scientist, Manufacturing Technology Compliance
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts and manages resolution of complex/multi-functional deviations, root cause investigations, impact assessments and CAPAs as a Lead Investigator
- Liaises with many different groups/organizations as a Lead Investigator
- Proactively identifies and facilities resolution of obstacles to timely completion
- Proactively manages progression of investigation and CAPA to timely closure
- Leads and participates in cross-functional investigation teams
- Presents investigation findings to key stakeholders and site management
- Uses Quality Risk Management and Operational Excellence principles to facilitate risk-based decision making, drive continuous improvement, and eliminate waste
Knowledge & Skill
- BS in chemical/biochemical engineering, biological sciences, or a related discipline with a minimum 6 years relevant experience (or equivalent)
- Prior experience with SOPs, cGMPs and the know how to work within a regulatory environment required
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in leading cGMP investigations utilizing formal Root Cause Analysis tools required
- Demonstrated project management skills (organization, collaboration, multi-tasking and communication), attention to detail, and the ability to perform in a team-based environment required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including ability to present complex information clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in/knowledge of cell culture, recovery, and/or purification of biopharmaceutical drug substance in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Prior experience facilitating/participating in Risk Assessment preferred
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.