Senior Scientist, Computer System Maintenance
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Purpose and Scope of Position
The Senior Scientist of Computer System Maintenance is an individual contributor responsible for completing activities and initiatives associated with GxP computerized systems at the Phoenix Site.These activities include design, development, delivery, validation, maintenance and support.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating systems and laboratory specific applications
- Intermediate knowledge of IT fundamentals including Networking, Virtual server technology, backup and recovery, security, Active Directory and disaster recovery strategies
- Intermediate knowledge of coding and scripting
- Advanced knowledge of IT system support
- Intermediate knowledge of Software Design Life Cycle
- Advanced knowledge of Software support
- Basic knowledge of Software quality design and testing
- Intermediate knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC
- Requires flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Advanced critical reasoning and decision making skills
- Advanced teamwork and facilitation skills
- Ability to develop others, delegate and motivate
- Requires strategic thinking and ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret / write general business documents
- Ability to interpret / write complex technical documents
- Requires excellent listening skills.
- Requires strong qualitative training skills: responsiveness, enthusiasm, humor, sincerity, honesty, and tolerance
- Requires strong presentation development and delivery skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to pass initial physical and annual monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support for new system deployments.
- Completes deliverables during the design, delivery, commissioning of GxP computerized systems at the Phoenix site.
- Provides support to project teams related to Computer System Maintenance department requirements including user support models and data management.
- Supports generation of validation and support documents (SOP’s, Configuration Specification, etc.).
- Executes validation protocols against systems as applicable.
- Stays current with emerging technologies and informs management of capabilities and recommends changes where appropriate.
Routine support for GxP computerized systems at the Phoenix Site
- Performs routine user and system maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of GxP computerized systems.
- Identifies process improvements for existing GxP computerized systems and works with management to initiate related projects to implement the improvement.
- Initiates change controls and document changes/creation as necessary.
- Provides advanced training to users of systems.
- Ensures systems are available for production use and any down time is minimized to reduce impact to user teams.
- Requests quotes from vendors for approved equipment, software and services.
- Interacts with application support groups while troubleshooting issues.
Involved with site interdepartmental initiatives and Global projects.
- Acts as representative for Computer System Maintenance department during interdepartmental projects.
- Supports Global projects that require support from Computer System Maintenance.
Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Relevant college or university degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years relevant work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.