Associate Research Scientist (2106307)
Associate Research Scientist - ( 2106307 )
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Our School Assessment Psychometric Services department has one or more job openings for Associate Research Scientist positions. Pearson research scientists provide the full range of psychometric support to large scale custom assessment programs, as well as develop innovative techniques and processes. We are looking for candidates with drive and ambition who are seeking to make an impact as a psychometric practitioner, serving state departments of education and large school districts.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfills psychometric analyses including scaling, equating, item and test analyses, test construction (including CAT item pool assembly, configuration, and maintenance).
- Produces technical reports that exceed target audience requirements for clarity and defensibility.
- Facilitates public review meetings such as item data reviews and standard settings.
- Collaborates with other measurement professionals in the delivery of large scale high-stakes assessment programs.
- Advises clients on sound measurement practice – is able to understand the impacts of public policy on assessment, and vice versa.
- Manages schedules and interacts with subject matter experts, technology staff, and program management staff to fulfill psychometric deliverables.
- Travels, as required, to fulfill these responsibilities. Travel is approximately 25%.
- Is self-driven, self-monitoring, and able to work independently following established procedures.
The anticipated salary range for Colorado-based candidates expressing interest in this position is $90K This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Doctoral degree in educational measurement or a related field from a nationally recognized institution of higher education.
- Doctoral candidates may be considered if evidence is provided that the candidate will graduate within a semester of hiring.
Familiarity with Psychometric Techniques:
- Familiarity with applied psychometric techniques - including classical test theory, item response theory, test equating, scaling, linking, and standard setting.
- Familiarity with modern assessment designs and practices such as computer adaptive testing, Bayesian inference networks, and multidimensional IRT a plus.
Familiarity with Software Packages and Programming Languages:
- Familiarity with software packages and programming languages commonly used in psychometric work or measurement research (e.g., SAS, R, WINSTEPS, IRTPRO). Note that Pearson uses SAS in a server environment as our primary analysis platform.
Familiarity with Educational Trends:
- Familiarity with national and state trends in education.
- Able to demonstrate communication skills (oral, written, and business) necessary to function effectively with internal project teams and external clients.
- Must be able to effectively write and communicate orally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Other Locations : US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations :
Job : Professional Development
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jul 14, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106307