Research Scientist ( R-00057779 )
The Leidos Innovation Center (LiNC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Scientist to work at their Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your education and experience supporting our U.S. Air Force Warfighters.
Leidos is seeking a dedicated and talented Research Scientist to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The Research Scientist will contribute to AFRL’s Skyborg and Warfighter Readiness Training programs supporting AFRL. The Warfighter Program provides the Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of operationally-relevant platforms and roles. The Skyborg program is an autonomy-focused capability that will enable the Air Force to operate and sustain low-cost, teamed aircraft that can thwart adversaries with quick, decisive actions in contested environments.
The successful candidate will support the development, implementation, and execution of a training research program that assesses human performance and the training effectiveness of multi-level-fidelity devices and networked simulation systems. Candidates will also address issues related to determining appropriate knowledge and skills for operator training and will identify alternative training techniques or technologies best suited to enhancing learning in a complex environment. The successful candidate will work with software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
The Research Scientist will contribute to aspects of research administration including, but not limited to:
- Prepare and administer research tools
- Data collection and entry
- Perform/interpret statistical data analysis
- Perform literature reviews
- Generate written reports
- Document research results through technical reports and papers
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related discipline (e.g. Human Factors, Learning Sciences, Experimental or Educational Psychology, etc.) and 2+ years of experience or a Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of experience.
- Have extensive literature review and annotated bibliography experience.
- Be more than proficient with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Be more than proficient with SPSS or equivalent statistical and data analysis programs and have experience handling databases.
- Be proficient at public speaking and report writing.
- Be able to work flexible hours and work with minimal supervision.
- Be detail-oriented, a self-starter, able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal communications skills, and have outstanding organizational skills.
- Be a US Citizen. NO non-citizens will be considered.
- Be capable of obtaining DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Hold a Doctoral Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related discipline (e.g. Human Factors, Learning Sciences, Experimental or Educational Psychology, etc.).
- Previous experience collaborating with software engineers and subject matter experts in Human-System Integration-related projects is a plus.
- Previous research lab experience (working in or managing).
BondExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:2000Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Research ScientistPay Range: