Research Scientist ( R-00058262 )
Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Research Scientist to support the Deployment Health Research Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. This position will analyze military health data for a multi-site research study evaluating a large military health program. The successful candidate will also be involved in overseeing data collection, preparing datasets, analyzing data, and writing up study results.
The Research Scientist will work closely with the studies’ leadership and stakeholders, including Principal Investigators, military personnel, subject matter experts, consultants, analysts, and research support personnel.
- Serve as the Data Collection POC for the multi-site Healthy Steps research study
- Tracking all communication and outreach efforts study sites
- Travel locally to collect data from study subjects at one or two study sites Send emails to study participants
- Develop databases of demographic, contact, implementation information
- Access various secondary data sources to extract relevant medical and clinic data and construct comprehensive, project-specific datasets
- Contribute to data management processes, including data verification, cleaning, quality assurance, and merging
- Work with research team to refine research methodology and construct databases to appropriately answer study questions
- Perform data manipulations and transformation on raw data using SAS or R to create analytical-friendly datasets
- Maintain and update documentation on all processes and procedures, including data dictionaries and codebooks
- Conduct statistical analyses, including logistic regression, analysis of variance, survival analyses and other techniques as required
- Contribute to the preparation of study deliverables, including presentations, reports, and publications
- Master’s degree in psychology, public health, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience using SAS.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with and managing archival medical data.
- Experience in constructing and analyzing complex databases, including data merging, cleaning, and verification processes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a research environment.
- Experience working with US Defense Health Agency TRICARE data sets
- Experience with public health program evaluation, military-related health research, or military family-related research.
- Interested in family and child health research or military family research.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing a data collection team.
Due the COVID-19 pandemic, employees are highly encouraged to work remotely from their home office, although occasional visits to the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego will be required. Specifically, this position will be required to be on-site at the Naval Health Research Center or at a local data collection site a minimum of 2 days a week.
Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:2000Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Research ScientistPay Range: