Data Scientist / Analyst - Remote Sensing, Image Science ( R-00061847 )
Leidos currently has an opening for a Programmer Analyst in Dayton, OH to work on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions. As an Analyst on our team, you will apply remote sensing principles and methods to address R&D challenges in EO/IR imagery systems and image/video collection (characterization and exploitation) problems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Write scientific code using MATLAB or Python for clutter and noise mitigation, image reconstruction, tracking, detection, feature extraction and classification, stereo, machine learning, signal processing, and radiometric calculations.
- Provide scientific analysis and products collected from the exploitation of EO/IR and multispectral image (MSI) data.
- Support informational briefings for the purpose of educating Analysts and Managers on the capabilities of spectral data and their potential application.
- Develop new analytical techniques, or new applications for existing systems.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- BS in image science, remote sensing, physics or similar and 4+ years' directly relevant experience. 11+ years' directly relevant experience may in considered in lieu of degree.
- Background in spectral remote sensing, image science
- Experience programming in Matlab, Python, tool development