Data/ Research Scientist - Spectral Imagery ( R-00061875 )
The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening in Springfield, VA on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions. You will work as a Scientist on a fast–paced research and development team on spectral imagery systems addressing image collection, characterization, and exploitation problems. Examples of potential projects include: image reconstruction, object detection and tracking, feature extraction and classification, machine learning, signal processing, and radiometric analysis.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including: automating data analysis using machine learning, characterize existing and new sensor systems, develop new and improve data analysis techniques, propose collection strategies to address new signature development .
- Support informational briefings for educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission.
- Design collection experiments and compare measured results with ground truth data.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's and 6+ years of relevant experience or Master's and 4+ years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Working experience with algorithm development, Matlab and/or Python scripting, HPC, image science, signal processing, EO/IR systems.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to meet research objectives is required.