Research Scientist ( R-00061987 )
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Scientist to work at Leidos location in Billerica, MA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support our programs with NRL, AFRL, DARPA, ONR, HPCMPO and other DoD and DoE programs. In these missions we are developing high performance simulation tools for vacuum electronics and particle acceleration and applying them to the design of advanced high power vacuum electronic devices such as klystrons, TWTs, magnetrons, etc., and accelerator components. The simulation codes include electromagnetic, electrostatic, and particle-in-cell (PIC) codes such as MICHELLE, MICHELLE-eBEAM, VOYAGER, NEPTUNE, ICEPIC, TESLA, CHRISTINE, ARGUS, and a host of supporting software for interfacing codes, user interfaces such as the new Leidos COMPASS tool, and post-processing and visualization. We are also involved in system, component and material responses to HPM and EMP.
The tasks in this job is in support of uncovering and implementing solutions to our customers’ problems that are constantly changing. This Team is small in size, agile in responsiveness, diverse in personal abilities and scope, and strong in effectiveness and solutions to problems. The Team works great together and has been together for a good number of years. If you believe you’re a good fit, please consider applying for this career position at Leidos.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and re-engineer large-scale electromagnetic code architectures.
• Design, develop, implement, and test new physics-based algorithms related to code list above.
• Design, develop, implement, and test multi-code interfaces and environments.
• Modeling, simulation, and analysis for EM component designs.
• Modeling, simulation, and analysis of materials and components to HPM & EMP.
• Attend conferences and author publications, as appropriate.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Doctor of Philosophy, or Master’s degree with at least 5 years of experience, in physics or engineering in the development of high-performance EM codes, as well as modeling and analysis of structures and components used in vacuum electron devices, HPM and particle accelerators using finite-element codes and finite-difference codes
• Experience in C++, GPU/CUDA, MPI, MATLAB
• Experience with CAD and the generation of computational meshes of geometries
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Experience using DoD and DoE high performance computer centers.
• Publications in professional journals in areas related to the above areas.
• Experience with FORTRAN, Phi coprocessors.
• Experience with MICHELLE, NEPTUNE, ICEPIC, AWR Analyst-MP, ANSYS HFSS & Maxwell, and/or similar simulation codes.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$5000.00Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Research ScientistPay Range: