Machine Learning Research Scientist ( R-00063590 )
Leidos keep our Department of Defense customers at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying Machine Learning (ML) approaches to solve complex remote sensing problems. We are currently seeking a Machine Learning Research Scientist to work in our Arlington, VA office.
As a ML scientist, you will apply your ML skills to a wide variety of problems and datasets, primarily focused on remote sensing (acoustic, RF, and other) applications. Current projects include auto-detection and classification of acoustic targets. You will bring experience, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, lead technical project teams, and spearhead growth in new areas. We are looking for someone to join our team onsite, although we offer flexibility to work from home part-time or have flexible in-office hours.
This position is based out of Arlington, VA however we are able to offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
- Work on and lead interdisciplinary teams to design, develop, and deploy ML algorithms for remote sensing applications
- Participate in customer briefings
- Create new project ideas and brief those ideas internally to Leidos and externally to customers
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 1-5 years of practical experience in applying ML to solve complex signal processing problems
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced scientists
- Proficiency in signal processing algorithms, including time-frequency analysis and digital signal filtering
- Experience using Python, C++, and/or Matlab
- DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree with and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or PhD with prior relevant experience
- 5+ years of practical experience applying state-of-the-art ML techniques to signal processing and remote sensing applications
- Track record of research in ML technologies with high impact publications
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving and algorithm design
- Understands how to translate customer requirements and mission needs to end-to-end solutions