Research Scientist ( R-00066626 )
Here at Leidos we are currently looking for you, our next Research Scientist, to work at Kirtland AFB, NM. This is an exciting opportunity to work at government locations primarily on Kirtland AFB, NM in laboratory settings engaging in research and development of new and innovative high power microwave (HPM) sources and antennas. The work will include managing Research & Development activities, interacting with scientists, engineers and technicians to design and model new systems, developing test infrastructures, conducting laboratory tests, analyzing test results, and writing and presenting test summary reports and scientific reports.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- The successful candidate will work in a new laboratory with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas to the field of HPM Research & Development.
- The successful candidate will design, model, test, and characterize high power microwave sources, including magnetrons, Vircators and unique sources, and innovative narrowband and broadband antenna concepts and prototypes.
- The candidate will work with other scientists, and engineers and technicians.
- The candidate will design, develop and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to characterize sources and antennas.
- The candidate will attend meetings and provide status updates on work activities.
- The candidate will provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
This is you:
- MS in Physics or Electrical Engineering with 6+ years of experience working in a Research & Development laboratory or an additional 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Expertise using modeling and simulation software (e.g. ICEPIC, HFSS, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®, COMSOL Multiphysics) to design and modify HPM sources and antennas.
- Experience conducting laboratory tests of HPM sources and antennas
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with scientific peers
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Wow us even more if you have this:
- PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering
External Referral Eligible