Research Scientist ( R-00072535 )
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a senior scientist to join our team conducting research and development of high power microwave (HPM) systems. As a valued team member, you will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop next generation directed energy systems.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
• Working in a new laboratory with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas to the field of HPM research & development
• Designing, modeling, testing, and characterizing high power microwave sources, including magnetrons, Vircators, and other unique sources
• Designing, modeling, testing, and characterizing innovative narrowband and broadband antenna concepts and prototypes.
• Working with the latest software modeling tools to design HPM sources and antennas.
Qualifications We Require
• MS in Physics or Electrical Engineering with 6+ years of experience working in a research & development laboratory or an additional 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
• Expertise using modeling and simulation software (e.g. ICEPIC, HFSS, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®, COMSOL Multiphysics) to design and modify HPM sources and antennas
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
• Experience conducting laboratory tests of HPM sources and antennas
• Experience applying safety principles in laboratory activities
• Demonstrated experimental, analytical, and computational skills
• Successfully worked in or led a technical team
About Our Team
Our local Albuquerque branch specializes in directed energy technologies and systems. Our team consists of approximately 100 engineers and scientists with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, pulsed power, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades we’ve supported the Air Force Research Lab and Sandia National labs in their efforts to push the limits of state-of-the-art directed energy systems.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here: https://www.leidos.com/careers/pay-benefits.