Assembler 1, Assembly - Skilled (R461152)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives. We have an award-winning culture and have been named the #1 Best Workplace in Manufacturing in the U.S. by Fortune for 3 years in a row!
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Assembles components that may include sub-assemblies, manual components and electrical components and all other related components in order to contribute to completion of a variety of products. Adheres to safety, quality and quantity standards and follows directions and blueprints to meet product specifications.
1. Assembles components utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and material in order to meet product specifications.
2. Strives for operational excellence by promoting a team based, product-focused organization, contributing to continuous improvement, participating in safety and preventative maintenance programs, strives for cost reduction, and commits to on time, complete, and error free shipments.
3. Installs labels, pads, and other accessories to meet product specifications.
2. Installs and/or tests hydraulic and electrical components according to blueprints.
3. Cleans parts as required.
4. Assembles cartons and containers and prepares products for shipment in accordance with domestic, international and/or customer specifications.
5. Responsible for set-ups, work preparation, clean up, and quality assurance of own work and work-area.
6. Accountable for all record-keeping as appropriate and in accordance with Stryker specifications.
7. Committed to quality by striving for reliability and quality in our products, continuously searching for ways to enhance performance and meeting all training and documentation criteria.
8. Invests in employee involvement and development by fostering personal growth, being responsible and accountable, being passionate towards the success of the business and treating all with dignity and respect.
• Requires completion of high school education or equivalent. No license or certification is required
• Ability to follow blueprints basic reading and math skills.
• Must have skills in metrology, documentation, team concepts, Basic Preventative Maintenance and Electrical Static Discharge.
• Basic skills - Ability to read and follow blueprints, basic reading and math skills, and ability to adhere to safety related issues to include, but not limited to good housekeeping and ergonomics practices.
• May be required to have workplace organization, training procedure, and hydraulic skills. May also be required to have set-up skills to include following prints and product specifications, and any other on-the-job related skills.
Page 2 of 2
This description is intended to be illustrative of the major duties performed by the employee assigned to this position.
It does not include all duties which are or may be performed. Stryker Medical reserves the right to change, alter or
revise this job description at any time with or without notice.
• Uses a variety of tools that may include, but are not limited to: manual and power hand tools, pneumatic tools, test equipment, presses, and measuring and cutting devices.
• Handles various materials that may include, but are not limited to: durcot fabric, nylon fabric, Velcro, zippers, product components comprised of rubber, metals, and coated products.
• Requires ability to lift/carry 10-50 lbs. on a frequent basis depending on product line, may rarely lift/carry 50-75 lbs.
• Job demands include prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting, standing and/or crawling as appropriate.
• May be required to reach, push or pull in order to accomplish job accountabilities.
• Requires hand grasp ability.
• Requires coordination of hands and/or eye/hand/foot.
• Meets cognitive demands to include visual discrimination/memory, auditory discrimination/memory reading ability, independent decision making and retention of specific knowledge.
• May be exposed to loud noises.
• Requires the operation of machinery as appropriate for performance of job.
• Requires use of safety glasses in designated areas.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/