Warehouse Worker -1st Shift Inventory Clerk $17/Hr. $1,500 Sign on Bonus (2209420)
Warehouse Worker -1st Shift Inventory Clerk $17/Hr. $1,500 Sign on Bonus (Job Number: 2209420 )
Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Associates (Inventory Clerk) to become part of our growing team. Penske Logistics Warehouse Operations are an essential business and continue to serve our local communities. Come be part of an exciting team supporting one of the nation's largest grocery store chains. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have an outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits including:
- $17.00 per hour base rate
- Performance Incentives
- Safety Performance Awards
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Penske Cash Balance Plan
- Associate Referral Program
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
Shift: Currently hiring for 1 st Shift. We offer 5-day schedule with start time 4:00 am till End of Production. Days could vary but back-to-back.
- Follow all safety requirements
- Processes incoming orders for products.
- Verifies and maintains records on outgoing shipments.
- Prepares items for shipment.
- Verifies and records outgoing merchandise or material; and arranges for the transportation of products.
- Track all return goods as directed by the customer for close out of returns from the private fleet.
- Determines workload availability to warehouse; activates work to floor on inbound loads and outbound inventory to floor for outbound loading.
- Involve Safety team as required by location.
- Maintains inventory on inbound loads on yard.
- Determines warehouse equipment needed on facilitate warehouse moves.
- Assesses load activity whether inbound or outbound.
- Assigns material handlers to loads according to which workflow is heavier; determines workload activity with warehouse manager and supervisors.
- Coordinates overages and shortage with inventory support.
- Accesses and maintains trailer inventory.
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required.
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location).
- Flexible to work overtime preferred.
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines, or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Come join us today! You will need to complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
About Penske Logistics
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :8500 Scudder Avenue 8500 Scudder Avenue
Kinloch, MO 63140
Primary Location : United States-Missouri-Kinloch
Job : Administrative
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Clerk
Req ID: 2209420