Labor Relations Director - Compliance
Labor Relations Director - Compliance (Job Number: 2302996 )
Penske Transportation Solutions, the leader in the transportation industry, has an exciting opportunity to play a material role in the fast-moving, changing landscape of Labor law compliance. As a Labor Relations Director, this position will be responsible for identifying and implementing strategic initiatives, staying informed on, and providing training related to, the developing labor law as well as related state and local laws, and ensuring consistency and compliance with collective bargaining agreements, company policies, labor relations strategy, and labor issues related to new business facilities and acquisitions. This position will serve as the primary conduit to the various courts and regulatory agencies for the Labor group and report to the Vice President Labor Relations.
As our work in Labor Relations increases in complexity and our associate population grows, effective labor law compliance is critical to the success of our business.
- Proven competence as a lawyer with a background in traditional labor law with seven or more years of experience. Juris Doctor degree required.
- On-going compliance to labor law monitoring.
- Guidance/updates to Labor Relations team and key collaborators on legal updates, Board rulings/guidance, and arbitral findings.
- Interface with third-party auditors from Taft-Hartley plans and coordinate activity with collaborating departments.
- Identification of compliance gaps/risks and recommendation of strategy and/or process to address gaps/risks.
- Participate in team meetings and projects to audit departmental process effectiveness.
- Oversee department training and coordinate best practices for Labor Directors and Managers regarding collective bargaining, overall labor strategy, business operations and acquisitions, and Human Resources department interface.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of NLRB, ERISA, and LMRA, and EEO laws. Ability to present cases to NLRB with skill in writing legal briefs and position statements. Interface with and lead response to NLRB and other regulatory agencies.
- Ability to identify business needs and implement compliant strategies that affect labor relations.
- Initiative-taking communication with colleagues and collaborators and external entities. Must be able to communicate to Officers and C-Suite. Ability to distill and translate complex legal issues to management and senior leadership.
- Process management capabilities – needs to drive change through multiple departments/teams.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with strong diligence. Ability to manage heavy workload.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills. Possess strong people skills with the ability to react appropriately and confidently in high pressure situations.
- Adherence to professional and business ethics.
- Ability to implement creative solutions consistent with business goals.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability and willingness to travel, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2302996