The Labor Relations Manager reports to Vice President, Labor Relations, and is a Regional position – with responsibility for all labor relations matters as assigned within the United States. The job is for someone who loves labor law, and who likes working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented business environment which presents daily challenges on labor relations issues.
This position will be based out of Penske's corporate offices, however, with regular travel more than 50% of the time, the qualified candidate may reside anywhere in the continental US.
• Conduct collective bargaining negotiations for Penske Logistics and Penske Truck Leasing (approximately 10 -20 union contracts).
• Develop and conduct supervisor and management training regarding labor agreement administration
• Conduct due-diligence and provide labor relations advice on acquisitions and or new business ventures involving union operations.
• Manage the preparation and presentation of charges related to the National Labor Relations Act. This may be completed with internal staff and/or outside counsel.
• Provide advice on interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, and arbitrate grievances when necessary.
• Assess liability as it relates to Multi-Employer Pension Plans
• Discharge and disciplinary reviews.
• Provide advice and counsel to Management in all areas of Labor Law.
• Ability to work cross functionally to support legal compliance, and negotiation of collective bargaining contracts
• Other projects as assigned by the VP of Labor
• 5 years of experience in Labor Relations successfully managing and negotiating and administering collective bargaining agreements, handling arbitrations and NLRB related matters.
• Experience in successfully managing NLRB charges.
• Experience in conducting Labor Relations due diligence in acquisitions and mergers of union represented operations.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Juris Doctorate and Bar admission preferred.
• Labor law firm experience preferred.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Strong presentation and training skills
• Desire to work both tactically (hands-on) and strategically.
• Willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Family: Human Resources
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325564