Lead Warehouse Worker - 1st Shift
Lead Warehouse Worker - 1st Shift (Job Number: 2309708 )
Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Provides support and some supervision to regular and temporary warehouse associate functions. Works closely with Operations Supervisors to ensure employee productivity expectations are met. Provides a variety of responsibilities to meet the supervisors expectations.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits including:
$1500 retention bonus paid after 90 days of employment
Work Schedule:4am start time 5 days a week - 8hr shifts (days off TBD)
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- $125 Boot allowance after 90-days of employment
- Associate Referral Program
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
- Stage and sort products for loading
- Loads and unloads trailers
- Executes & provides process & project visibility to Operations Supervisor
- Expert in warehouse functions
- Leads & complies with Safety and Well Being efforts on assigned shift
- Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
- Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
- Move materials within the warehouse
- Quality control
- Communicate with associates from other shifts
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 4 years of warehouse experience required
- 2 years of inventory or materials management experience preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior forklift certification preferred
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software required
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- Ability to lead a small team, ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibility required, excellent with numbers, time management, and ability to execute are required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
-The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., machinery alarms, medical codes or alarms).
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Salary : $21.60 Starting Rate
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
Work Locations :4040 Vista Park Court #30 4040 Vista Park Court #30
Sacramento, CA 95834
Primary Location : United States-California-Sacramento
Job : Warehouse
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Warehouse Worker
Req ID: 2309708