Warehouse Worker- Reach Truck Operator- 1st Shift
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits including:
Base Pay Rate: $19 HR
*Perfect Attendance Pay:
Up to an additional $3 (M-TH) / $5 HR (FRI-SUN)
*Performance Bonus: Up to an additional $3 HR .
Work Schedule:5-day schedule with start time of 4:00AM until End of Production. Sunday & Tuesday or Wednesday & Thursday off days.
• $1500 Retention bonus after 90-days of employment
• Paid Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Associate Referral Program
• $125 Boot allowance after 90-days of employment
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
• Accurately match numbers & letters
• Accurately stage and sort products for loading
• Loads and unloads trailers
• Opens and closes dock doors
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
• Pulling of manual dock chain
• Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
• Move materials within the warehouse
• Complies with all safety requirements
• Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system
• Quality control
• Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received
• Complete daily logs
• Communicate with associates from other shifts
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
• Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved,
gathered, or distributed
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production
workers or assembly line
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
• Uses computer to enter records
• Prepares parcels for mailing
• Maintains inventory records
• Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
• Operate forklifts or pallet jacks to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several
locations for shipment (where applicable)
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• No prior warehouse experience required but preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Ability to work independently, customer service, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, and time management skills required
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
• Complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines, or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Warehouse
Job Family: Warehouse
Address: 8500 Scudder Avenue
Primary Location: US-MO-Kinloch
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2325859