UI/UX Front-End Developer ( R-00080558 )
Leidos is seeking a UI/UX Front-end Developer for a critical and strategic new opportunity supporting the United States Space Force/Space Systems Center Enterprise Cross-mission Ground’s Defensive Cyber Operations for Space Branch (SSC/ECXCO). SSC/ECXCO is designated as the responsible office to provide enterprise level DCO capability to the Space Enterprise. To accomplish the mission, applicant will be part of a team to prototype key defensive cyber features to include delivering space enterprise protection and threat detection, identification, protection, and response capabilities; Developing cyber solutions for the Enterprise Ground Service and future space systems; Providing operationally relevant cyberspace solutions through iterative development to meet mission needs today; Supporting legacy mission systems innovation/modernization during transition to Enterprise Ground Systems. These capabilities are to be provided by Leidos via a small Agile SW Development team, co-located with the SSC/ECXCO customer in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a full time position that must work at a customer location and no telework is allowed. No clearance is required.
- Translate concepts into wire frames and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the customers ' and product owners ' product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wire frames, user stories, user journeys, and lockups.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with other team members, stakeholders and customers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development life cycle
- Incorporate best practices for accessibility, usability, web performance, and design into our products and ultimately champion a more consistent and delightful user experience.
- Provide mentor ship to other frontend engineers and designers in all aspects of UX development.
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered research.
- Writing clean, functional code on the frontend
- Unit testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering and 5+ years experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Holds an active Secret Clearance
- Education: technical (STEM) master’s degree
- Basic knowledge in the following: Adobe XD, Confluence, JIRA, UI and UX strategies, front end web development, Git versioning control