Journeyman Content Developer
DescriptionJob Description:The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Journeyman Content Developer to support an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Bethesda MD or Tysons VA. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
The candidate will support Government staff in the following:
- Develops custom programs for web sites that will attract and appeal to users, and provide desired information.
- Creates web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of programming and server software operations.
- Develops new Web applications through packaged and customized applications.
- Creates Web front-end user interface to new or existing databases using a combination of HTML, SQL, C, VB or other languages to make business applications accessible.
- Designs and implements user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- May create company-wide Intranet. Develops database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develops external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Experienced in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies such as Java and ColdFusion.
Supports in the creation, maintenance, and improvement of web content, including website content and social media presence
• Mentors and trains junior staff
• Utilizes request management tools to provide swift, high quality customer support for communication requests
• Coordinates with Knowledge Management, as needed for publication of web content
• Coordinates with UI/UX designer in Knowledge Management, to ensure graphics products provide an engaging and user friendly experience
• Develops, manages, and publishes SOPs related to web content
• Assists and collaborates in the creation, maintenance, and improvement of web content
• Makes recommendations for improving web content accessibility for stakeholders
• Maintains internal and external website content and social media presence
• Maintains blogs, wiki, and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds in both classified and unclassified environments
• Assists with developing, distributing, and disseminating electronic intelligence publications, to include creating and posting Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) versions on classified websites across multiple networks
• Contributes to communications strategies, writes and update web content, including newsletters, blog posts, and announcements
• Conducts regular media monitoring and analysis to drive effective communications planning
- Requires 4+ years of relevant experience with BS/BA or 2+ years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- TS-SCI w/ Polygraph Required
- Experience with the following is required:
- Supporting the creation, maintenance, and improvement of web content, including website content and social media presence
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Providing an engaging and user-friendly experience
- Developing SOPs related to web content
- Collaborating in the creation, maintenance, and improvement of web content
- Making recommendations for improving web content accessibility for stakeholders
- Maintaining internal and external website content and social media presence
- Maintaining blogs, wiki, and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds in both classified and unclassified environments